Village actions thus far:
- A comprehensive list of areas affected by the recent heavy rainfall was developed and flood levels have been monitored over time. This is now the top priority of all staff members, regardless of position.
- The Village hired professional stormwater engineers to look at all issue areas and develop a plan to address the issues. This analysis will be provided to the Village over the next 24 hours. This will include both short-term and long-term improvement projects.
What we know thus far:
- There is substantial flooding in several communities, due to extreme levels of rain fall. While the water levels have gone down, they remain significant in some areas.
- Water continues to flow properly throughout the Village. The Village’s stormwater engineers are evaluating options, including cleaning drainage ditches in certain locations.
- The Village will receive an analysis, completed by a stormwater engineering expert, within the next 24 hours. This analysis will clearly detail what action can be taken, if any, to alleviate the immediate flooding issues.
- Based on expert analysis, the Village will determine how to partner with other agencies, communities, and/or contractors to take actions that would be most helpful to the current situation.
- This is the number one priority of all Village staff members, and we understand residents’ concerns.
- The Village will take action based on data and professional analysis, rather than make decisions hastily and potentially cause more problems.
- We welcome resident comments, questions, and concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact the Village via call (239-221-5035), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or online request (https://estero-fl.gov/public-works-request-for-action/).