The Village Council voted in the new Planning and Zoning Board and the Design Review Board members, along with the chairman of both boards, at their April 24, 2015, meeting.
The Planning and Zoning Board members will serve initial terms indicated below:
- Ryan Binkowski 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2016
- Marlene Naratil 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2016
- David Crawford 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2017
- Jeff Maas 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2017
- Ned Dewhirst 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2018
- Scotty Wood 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2018
- Roger Strelow (chairman) 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2018
Since no state licensed architects have volunteered to date, the Council decided to elect 6 members to the Design Review Board until such time state licensed architects come forward to complete the 8-member board.
The Design Review Board members will serve initial terms indicated below:
- Albert O’Donnell (chairman) 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2016
- Barry Jones 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2016
- Joe McHarris 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2017
- William Prysi 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2017
- Patty Whitehead 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2017
- Gerald Simons 4/24/2015 – 3/31/2017
In other Council business, the resolution approving reimbursement to the Estero Council of Community Leaders for expenditures associated with the initial Council meeting and website expenses was approved.
The resolution amending the Zoning in Progress Resolution to include the Healthcare Village, or map B, was also approved. This now allows development to be delayed in both the Village Center, map A, and Healthcare Village, map B, until Spikowski Planning Associates add the two overlay maps to Estero’s Comp Plan and adopt policies that describe and regulate what would be developed in these mixed use areas. This work is expected to take three months.
In the afternoon Workshop, Council reviewed and prioritized a long list of topics to be addressed in future workshops.
Further details will be included in the minutes of this meeting once they become available.