The Village of Estero and the Lee County School District will be signing a Memorandum of Understanding establishing a Joint Educational Advocacy Task Force at 10 a.m., Monday, May 21, 2018, at the Estero High School, 21900 River Ranch Road.
Village Councilmembers and staff, the principals of the four Estero schools and District staff will be taking part in the signing ceremony.
The official Memo of Understanding will:
- Create mentoring and tutoring possibilities
- Promote the development of career academies and job skill programs with local businesses
- Encourage student internship programs
- Promote the colocation of future educational and recreational facilities
- Promote coordination and shared financing of infrastructure projects
- Encourage the use of school facilities by Estero residents when not in use by students
Village of Estero officials and staff, and the principals of the four Estero schools and District staff will sit on the task force. Its members will find, plan and implement programs, partnerships and promoti