The Community Development Department coordinates the land use, zoning, site development and permit process. It provides information to the public, builders and developers about the Village’s land use policies and procedures.
As Director, Gibbs advises and assists the Village’s Planning and Zoning and Design Review Boards in all of their meeting preparations, hearings and deliberations.
ZONING AMENDMENT FOR SHOPPES AT COCONUT TRACE COMMERCIAL PLANNED DEVELOPMENT TRACTS C AND D (NCH) – ORDINANCE FIRST READING (MARCH 7, 2018)
- Ordinance 2018-02 Staff Report
- Ordinance 2018-02 Attachment I Part 1
- Ordinance 2018-02 Attachment I Part 2
- Estero Transitional Comprehensive Plan
- Land Development Code
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments adopted June 22, 2016
- Land Development Code Amendments adopted June 22, 2016
- Estero Community Plan
- Estero-specific Signage Regulations
- Community Planning Initiative Report
- Proposed Interim Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Village Center Public Workshop Survey
- Estero Planning Initiative
- Estero Neighborhood Structure
- Coconut Road Traffic Study-Final
- Village Area-wide Traffic Study – Final
- Village Area-wide Traffic Study – Appendix
9401 Corkscrew Palms Circle
Estero, Florida 33928
Building & Permitting Services
The Village of Estero Building & Permitting Services processes Commercial and Residential Building permit applications and Reviews Plans for compliance with The Village of Estero Building and Zoning requirements and all provisions of the laws of the State of Florida, and all regulation relating to or applying to Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Low-Voltage, Roofing, Air Conditioning and/or all other types of construction activity.
The Village of Estero Design Review Board reviews development orders and signage for compliance with architectural and landscape standards.
Planning & Zoning
The Village of Estero Planning & Zoning Board review comprehensive plan amendments, zoning, rezoning and DRI requests.