Estero Updates for Wednesday, March 25, 2020:
- Global Confirmed Cases: 441, 187 (19,675 deaths)
- S. Confirmed Cases: 55,568 (802 deaths)
- Florida Confirmed Cases: 1,682 (22 deaths)
- Lee County Confirmed Cases: 30 (3 deaths)
- Estero Confirmed Cases: 2 (0 deaths)
- Practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet from others
- Limit gatherings to 10 people or less
- Conservation 20/20 and preserve lands remain open. Residents are encouraged to go for a hike here, while maintaining recommended social distancing, to reduce stress.
Lee County School District
- Facebook Town hall meeting about distance learning: 1:00pm today on the Lee County School District’s Facebook page
- Online instruction to begin on Monday.
State of Florida
- Governor DeSantis has created an order that allows governments, such as ours, to reach meeting quorum via video or teleconferencing. We will support virtual public attendance via our live stream and eComment card tools, which are already in place.
- Governor DeSantis has encouraged residents aged 65 or older, as well as those with underlying conditions, to stay at home for the next two weeks to protect them from the spread of Coronavirus.