State of Florida update
Today, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-85, directing the Department of Management Services (DMS) to ensure all state employees have access to telehealth services through the state’s contracted HMO plans and PPO organization plan without cost sharing, while also ensuring that all cost sharing that would have been applicable to state employees seeking immunization services under this Executive Order for the influenza vaccination be waived.
Actions the state has taken to respond to COVID-19:
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
• At the direction of Governor DeSantis, State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees declared a Public Health Emergency for COVID-19 in Florida.
• Governor DeSantis announced that the State ordered an additional 2,500 test kits to supplement the adequate resources already available to test for COVID-19. These additional test kits will enable the Department of Health, working with Florida health care providers, to test up to an additional 625,000 individuals. The Governor also suspended non-essential in state and all out-of-state travel for state employees for 30 days.
• Established an Incident Management Team to coordinate response operations.
• Defined a high-level phased response strategy for COVID-19.
• Activated a dedicated incident command post for on-site response activities.
• Conducted three public health and health care stakeholder conference calls to provide statewide updates on the