The Village of Estero has compiled the most recent daily updates from the State of Florida, Lee County and the Village of Estero. This compilation provides updates from the governmental perspective. The information provided below was developed by our partner agencies for public consumption.
Village of Estero Update
Village Hall has closed the public lobbies as of 5:00 p.m., Monday, March 23.
- We will still be accepting online applications, records requests, requests for action related to roads and landscaping, and general inquiries.
- Our phone lines will remain open and we will have available a dropbox for paper building applications.
- All of our staff continues to work, but we are doing this to limit in-person contact, in order to help “flatten the curve”.
- Health Data
- Global Confirmed Cases: 962,977 (49,180 deaths)
- S. Confirmed Cases: 216,768 (4,148 deaths)
- Florida Confirmed Cases: 7,495 (101 deaths, 990 hospitalizations) (see attached graph)
- Lee County Confirmed Cases: 235 (10 deaths, 48 hospitalizations)
- Estero Confirmed Cases: 10 (unknown death and hospitalization numbers)
- Practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet from others
- Limit gatherings to 10 people or less
- Some in the community have organized trips to the grocery store- the CDC guidelines still apply here. If this comes up in conversation, please encourage people t