The Village of Estero has compiled the most recent daily updates from the State of Florida, Lee County and the Village of Estero. This compilation provides updates from the governmental perspective. The information provided below was developed by our partner agencies for public consumption.
Village of Estero Update
Village Hall has closed the public lobbies as of 5:00 p.m., Monday, March 23.
- We will still be accepting online applications, records requests, requests for action related to roads and landscaping, and general inquiries.
- Our phone lines will remain open and we will have available a dropbox for paper building applications.
- Health Data (the State of Florida’s dashboard has been updated, to include more information: https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86
- Global Confirmed Cases: 1,288,372 (70,482 deaths)
- U.S. Confirmed Cases: 337,933 (9,653 deaths)
- Florida Confirmed Cases: 12,350 (221 deaths, 1,555 hospitalizations) (see attached graph)
- Lee County Confirmed Cases: 358 (11 deaths, 65 hospitalizations)
- Estero Confirmed Cases: 17 (unknown death and hospitalization numbers)
- Practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet from others
- Limit gatherings to 10 people or less
- Some in the community have organized trips to the grocery store- the CDC guidelines still apply here. If this comes up in conversation, please encourage people to do their part to limit physical interaction. Tools like Zoom and Skype are great ways to stay connected virtually!
- Lee County
- All Lee County-owned beaches, parks and Conservation 20/20 preserves are now closed.