Daily Stats (Updated 4/3/2020 at 6:30 pm)
As of today, Lee Health has:
- 49 COVID-19 patients isolated in our hospitals
- Submitted 3,635 specimens for testing
- Discharged 17 patients
- 220 employees quarantined; Eight employees exposed at work and positive with COVID-19
- Click here for table showing specimens sent to the lab, positive cases currently in our hospitals, presumptive positive cases and telemedicine visits.
Dr. Antonucci’ s Daily Message Praises Lee Health’s Innovation and Resilience
Larry Antonucci, M.D., MBA, president & CEO of Lee Health, shared a message on Facebook explaining Lee Health’s innovative efforts during this unprecedented time. In case you don’t already follow us on Facebook, we wanted to include his message here:
“Caring for and serving our community on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic requires significant innovation, collaboration, persistence and resilience. I am proud of the way Lee Health and partners in our community have found innovative ways to serve during this unprecedented time, including:
- Our decision early on to offer Lee Telehealth free to anyone who needed to see a doctor. Our community has embraced the virtual platform with thousands of visits.
- Our information technology team has stepped up in innumerable ways, such as adding technology in outside tent collection areas, building communications platforms for doctors and nurses to communicate with patients without direct contact, and rolling out better ways for patients to communicate with their families.
- We were among the first to set up mobile collection sites, and have been able to collect more than 3,600 specimens for testing.
- With help from our supply chain and construction partners, and with partnership from accrediting and licensing bodies, expedited the opening of a 216 bed expansion 60 days earlier than anticipated.
- Establishing a more collaborative relationship with NCH Healthcare System, where we share protocols and ideas. We have also launched the joint fundraising campaign to raise funds for personal protective equipment (PPE), equipment, supplies and staff support.