Daily Stats (Updated 4/5/2020 at 3:30 pm)
As of today, Lee Health has:
- 51 COVID-19 patients isolated in our hospitals
- Submitted 4,158 specimens for testing
- Discharged 36 patients
- 162 employees quarantined; 14 employees exposed at work and positive with COVID-19
- Click here for graphs showing a running total of specimens sent to the lab, positive cases and positive cases hospitalized.
Lee Physician Group Pediatric Clinics Consolidating and Relocating
Effective tomorrow, Monday, April 6, the following changes will be in place for these Lee Physician Group pediatric clinics:
- The Pediatric Surgery, Ear, Nose and Throat and Urology practices located on Summerlin Road will relocate to the following offices:
- Pediatric Surgery is relocating to Pediatric Neurology/Behavioral Health at Women & Children’s Medical Plaza, Suite 108
- Pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat is relocating to Pediatric Ophthalmology, Medical Plaza One, Suite 110
- Pediatric Urology is relocating to Women & Children’s Medical Plaza, Suite 108
- General Pediatrics Bonita-Coconut Point and General Pediatrics in Cape Coral will close and relocate to Lee Health’s Page Field and Lehigh Acres offices.
Cape Coral Mobile Collection Site Closed Sunday, April 5
The Cape Coral mobile collection site will be closed today, Sunday, April 5, but will reopen tomorrow. The Page Field collection is open today. As a reminder, patients need a physician order and an appointment to have their specimen collected.
Lee Health Staff Finds a Creative Solution to Fill a Need
Following the University of Florida Department of Anesthesia’s prototype, Scott Patterson, M.D., Lee Health trauma surgeon, and Faith Nesselhauf, clinical technician, created masks out of Halyard H600 two-ply spun polypropylene, a common material found in hospitals that cannot be penetrated by water, bacteria or particles. The masks