Daily Stats (Updated 4/8/2020 at 5:00 pm)
As of today, Lee Health has:
- 69 COVID-19 patients isolated in our hospitals
- Submitted 4,893 specimens for testing
- Discharged 52 patients
- 193 employees quarantined; 19 employees exposed at work and positive with COVID-19
- Click here for graphs showing a running total of specimens sent for testing and positive cases hospitalized.
Proper Hand-washing Is More Effective Than Wearing Gloves
While we are happy to see everyone taking recommended precautions such as physical distancing and wearing cloth masks in public, many are also wearing gloves. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend gloves for public use as a protection against COVID-19. Glove use does not substitute hand-washing, and contamination during glove removal is common. The CDC encourages frequent and proper hand-washing, which is more effective to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Bonita Community Health Center Urgent Care Announces New Hours of Operation
Starting Saturday, April 11, the Bonita Community Health Center Urgent Care hours will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Regional Cancer Center Extending Hours To Ensure Safety of Patients and Staff
The Regional Cancer Center is extending their hours of operation to guarantee fewer patients are in the infusion room at any given time. The new hours are 7 a.m.- 7:30 p.m., Monday-Saturday. There are also additional physical distancing measures to ensure safe and effective care for our patients, and a safe working environment for our staff and physicians.
- Anyone entering the facility will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms