(update 5/27/2020 at 9:00 pm)
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The State of Florida is responding to COVID-19. In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, the Florida Department of Health will continue to issue this update every day through Phase 1 of Florida’s reopening plan. Once the state moves into Phase 2, DOH will provide this update once per week. However, DOH will continue to update the COVID-19 dashboard and post the state report daily.
Governor Ron DeSantis is in constant communication with Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz and State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees as the State of Florida continues to monitor and respond to the threat of COVID-19.
Recent actions the state has taken to respond to COVID-19:
- This week, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, in partnership with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, launched a website to verify the identity of claimants who have been locked out of their CONNECT account, the online system for processing Reemployment Assistance claims. Individuals who were locked out of their CONNECT account have been notified and provided a direct link to verify their information so they can access their account.
- The Florida Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA) shared the Aging Network Mental Health Survey responses with the Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)s. The purpose of the survey was to assist AAAs’ in gauging and assessing the current mental health efforts, capacity, and gaps by specific regions.
- Approximately 2,383 Florida National Guardsmen (FLNG) are mobilized to support Florida’s response to COVID-19. FLNG has expanded its support to mobile testing teams and the community-based and walk-up test sites. To date, the FLNG has assisted in the testing of more than 279,440 individuals for the COVID-19 virus.
- Since March 1 CareerSource Florida has assisted the following individuals:
- More than 316,000 job seekers served
- More than 14,100 job seekers placed in employment
- More than 1,300 job seekers enrolled in training
- More than 19,125 businesses served
- More than 51,000 new jobs posted
- The Florida Department of Transportation is leading the coordination of the Department of Health and the Florida Highway Patrol to implement Executive Order 20-86. To date, more than 47,200 traveler forms have been collected at the I-10 and I-95 checkpoints. To date, more than 49,300 traveler forms have been collected at public use airports across the state.
Additional actions the state has taken to respond to COVID-19:
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- To date, the Florida Department of Health has reported more than 1,000 contact tracers who are assisting with COVID-19 efforts across the state.
- DOH announced that the list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases will now include active cases in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- DOH is providing a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county. Previously, this information was only available for select communities. The surveillance data report is available here