(update 5/29/2020 at 5:00 pm)
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The State of Florida is responding to COVID-19. In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, the Florida Department of Health will continue to issue this update every day through Phase 1 of Florida’s reopening plan. Once the state moves into Phase 2, DOH will provide this update once per week. However, DOH will continue to update the COVID-19 dashboard and post the state report daily.
Governor Ron DeSantis is in constant communication with Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz and State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees as the State of Florida continues to monitor and respond to the threat of COVID-19.
Today, at a press conference in Boca Raton, Governor Ron DeSantis announced that Home Depot and Publix have agreed to each host three testing sites at their stores across the state. These sites will be able to test up to 100 individuals per day. More information is available here.
Governor DeSantis also reminded Floridians that today is the first day of Florida’s Disaster Preparedness Tax Holiday. During this time, critical supplies for hurricane preparedness such as flashlights, batteries and generators, are tax free. More information is available here.
Today, the Florida Department of Health (DOH) announced that antibody COVID-19 test results data is now available. This report will be provided once a week and contains county, race and lab information on antibody COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida. That report is available here.
Recent actions the state has taken to respond to COVID-19:
- At the direction of Governor DeSantis, the state has established 15 drive-thru and 16 walk-up testing sites across the state, with more coming online. More than 230,000 people have been tested at these sites. Floridians can find a site near them here.
- The Florida Department of Elder Affairs programs and affiliated services delivered 511,500 meals to older adults throughout the state last week. Of those meals, 147,836 were served under the DOEA Restaurant Meal initiative in partnership with the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA).
- Approximately 2,378 Florida National Guardsmen (FLNG) are mobilized to support Florida’s response to COVID-19.
- FLNG has expanded its support to mobile testing teams and the community-based and walk-up test sites. To date, the FLNG has assisted in the testing of more than 292,060 individuals for the COVID-19 virus.
- FDOT is leading the coordination of DOH and the Florida Highway Patrol to implement Executive Order 20-86. To date, more than 49,900 traveler forms have been collected at the I-10 and I-95 checkpoints.
- FDOT continues to coordinate with public use airports, DOH and law enforcement to implement Executive Order 20-80. To date, more than 52,700 traveler forms have been collected at public use airports across the state.
Additional actions the state has taken to respond to COVID-19:
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH