Lee County Update
- Lee County Utilities will be temporarily converting its disinfectant process from chloramines to free chlorine residual from June 1 through June 21, 2020. This is a routine measure that is typical for water utilities using chloramines as its primary disinfectant. For more information on what you need to know about this change, visit https://fal.cn/38oWp.
- Lee County Government will close its Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) distribution site for small businesses at the end of this week and is encouraging qualifying businesses to apply now. Small businesses can review eligibility requirements and apply online at www.LeeFLcares.com.
- We are accepting applications through select providers now for the LeeCares Childcare Assistance Program. Visit https://fal.cn/38oor to see list of providers. Call 2-1-1 for more information.
- The Florida Division of Emergency Management has closed the CenturyLink test site for today.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) has resumed at United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades, and Okeechobee Counties with VITA Valet Drive Up – Drop Off Service in Lehigh Acres and Fort Myers. Due to COVID-19, the traditional tax preparation service was suspended on March 16. Appointments will continue on May 26, 2020. Appointment MUST be made before drop of