Lee County Update
- Beginning today, a new COVID-19 testing site is opening in Cape Coral at the Chester Street resource center. This site will be open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please note that to be tested at this location, you must have a doctor’s note and an appointment.
- See the LeeCares dollars in action! Our LeeCares transparency dashboard keeps you up to date on applications received and dollars distributed. Check out how the programs are stacking up: https://fal.cn/38Uua.
- Prepare for hurricane season in advance. Check out our emergency management planning page and make sure you didn’t miss a step: https://fal.cn/38U8b
Lee County Schools
- As the District works to finalize what Reopening Schools will look like, we want to make sure that our families know that Lee Virtual School is an option for those uncomfortable with sending their child back to school. While there initially was a deadline of June 30th, that has since been extended. By signing up for Lee Virtual, you must commit to one semester of instruction. However, you will not lose the spot at your child’s school. Lee Virtual School is a public school serving grades K-12 for any student seeking a quality education through a flexible format. You can visit the website for more information: https://lvip.leeschools.net/ where you will find a recording of the Information Night that may help answer your questions. If you’re ready to enroll, please apply using the application form.
- Parents, many of you received a P-EBT card in the mail this weekend or earlier this month. Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is a supplemental benefit for households with children who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to pandemic-related school closures. Since students at all 79 of our traditional schools and Buckingham Exceptional Center, L.A.M.P., Royal Palm Exceptional School and Success Academy automatically receive free school meals, this benefit is being provided to you by the state. Answers to frequently asked questions are available here: