~Hospitalizations, Positive Test Results, Long-Term Care Facilities and Fatalities Continue to Show Significant Movement in the Right Direction~
TALLAHASSEE — The Florida Department of Health (DOH), in order to provide more comprehensive data, releases a report each day on COVID-19.
Today, data reported to the Agency for Health Care Administration shows that the number of COVID-19 positive patients that are currently hospitalized is down more than 70 percent since July. As posted on the Agency for Health Care Administration’s hospitalization dashboard at 11 a.m., there are 2,329 current hospitalizations with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Positive test results:
- Yesterday’s statewide positivity rate for new cases is 5.88 percent.
- Yesterday was the fortieth straight day below 10 percent positivity of new cases.
- Yesterday, test results for more than 44,900 individuals were reported to DOH.
- As of September 22, 687,909 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida.
Fatalities by date of passing:
Today, data reported to DOH shows there has been a steady decline in the number of reported Florida resident deaths who were previously diagnosed with COVID-19. The second week of August compared to the second week of September, shows a 74 percent decrease in the average number of reported COVID-19 related deaths.
Florida long-term care facility data:
- The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The list of long-term care facilities with deaths is available here, which is updated weekly.
- To date, 5,503 individuals that were staff or residents of a long-term care facility have died.
In order to make the daily COVID-19 report easier to download and more accessible, the daily report separates case line data in a separate PDF. The case line data report is available here. The state also provides a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county, which is available here. The antibody COVID-19 test results report will be provided once a week and contains county, race and lab information on antibody COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida. The report for antibody tests conducted by private health care providers is available here and the report for antibody tests conducted at state-supported COVID-19 testing sites is available here.