~Hospitalizations, Positive Test Results, Long-Term Care Facilities and Fatalities Continue to Show Significant Movement in the Right Direction~
TALLAHASSEE — The Florida Department of Health (DOH), in order to provide more comprehensive data, releases a report each day on COVID-19.
Today, data reported to the Agency for Health Care Administration shows that the number of COVID-19 positive patients that are currently hospitalized is down more than 70 percent since July. As posted on the Agency for Health Care Administration’s hospitalization dashboard at 10:45 a.m., there are 2,173 current hospitalizations with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Positive test results:
- Yesterday’s statewide positivity rate for new cases is 4.45 percent.
- Yesterday was the forty-second straight day below 10 percent positivity of new cases.
- Yesterday, test results for more than 63,800 individuals were reported to DOH.
As of September 24, 693,040 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida.
Fatalities by date of passing:
Today, data reported to DOH shows there has been a steady decline in the number of reported Florida resident deaths who were previously diagnosed with COVID-19. The second week of August compared to the second week of September, shows a 74 percent decrease in the average number of reported COVID-19 related deaths.
Florida long-term care facility data:
- The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The list of long-term care facilities with deaths is available here, which is updated weekly.
- To date, 5,636 individuals that were staff or residents of a long-term care facility have died.
In order to make the daily COVID-19 report easier to download and more accessible, the daily report separates case line data in a separate PDF. The case line data report is available here. The state also provides a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county, which is available here. The antibody COVID-19 test results report will be provided once a week and contains county, race and lab information on antibody COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida. The report for antibody tests conducted by private health care providers is available here and the report for antibody tests conducted at state-supported COVID-19 testing sites is available here.