Gov. DeSantis has announced the state is ready to “inch into Phase 2” changes to the stay-at-home restrictions as part of a phased approach to economic reopening, starting Friday, June 5, 2020.
Here’s what Phase 2 involves:
- Restaurants may allow bar-top seating with appropriate social distancing.
- Bars and pubs may operate at 50% capacity inside and full capacity outside with appropriate social distancing. Patrons may only receive service if seated.
- Retail establishments may operate at full capacity with appropriate social distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Gyms may operate at full capacity with appropriate social distancing and frequent sanitation.
- Entertainment businesses, including movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys and arcades, may operate at 50% capacity with appropriate social distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Personal services businesses such as, but not limited to, tattoo parlors, acupuncture, tanning salons and massage establishments may operate while adhering to guidance from the Florida Department of Health.
- Pari-mutuel facilities may submit a request to open to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The request must include an endorsement from their county mayor or county administrator if there is no mayor.
Individuals over 65 or with underlying medical conditions are strongly encouraged to avoid crowds and take measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19. All individuals that work in long-term care facilities should be tested for COVID-