Gov. DeSantis has announced changes to the stay-at-home restrictions as part of a phased approach to reopening a “Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step, Plan for Florida’s Recovery”, starting Monday, May 4.
Here’s what Phase 1 involves:
- Schools remain distance learning
- Visits to senior living facilities prohibited
- Elective surgeries can resume
- Restaurants can offer outdoor seating with six feet between tables, indoor seating can be at 25% capacity
- Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
- No change for bars, gyms and personal services like hair salons
- Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside home
- All individuals should maximize physical distance from others
- Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that you can’t physically distance
- Face masks recommended for all those in face-to-face interactions and where you can’t social distance
DeSantis is not setting a date for the second phase. Instead, he’s taking a wait-and-see approach to how the state fares during the first phase.