The Village of Estero is closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian as it progresses northward along the eastern coast of Florida, along with our partners in Lee County and the Estero and San Carlos Park Fire teams.
- The weather forecast is clarifying. Hurricane Dorian is presently a category 4, though it is not expected to provide a significant impact to Estero. Expect 2-5 inches of rain tomorrow, with tropical storm force wind gusts (not sustained), and no storm surge.
Need to Know:
- Lee County schools will be open Tuesday, September 3.
What We Have Done:
- All major Village stormwater systems and ditches have been cleared, including the ditch along the railroad.
- Generators are on standby, should sanitary sewer pump stations lose power.
- The Village of Estero and Lee County have both issued Local States of Emergency, availing each of resources, if needed.
What You Can Do:
- Prepare for the possibility of substantial rainfall, though the impact is expected to be minimal.
- Follow news alerts from the Village of Estero and Lee County or call 211.
The Village of Estero will provide updates, via our traditional and social media accounts, twice daily (morning and night). We stand ready to assist our community, if needed.
Thank you for your attention.