The Village of Estero is closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian as it progresses northward along the eastern coast of Florida, along with our partners in Lee County and the Estero and San Carlos Park Fire teams.
- Hurricane Dorian is presently a category 3 storm, though it is not expected to provide a significant impact to Estero. The projected course will take the storm up the eastern coast of Florida.
What We Have Done:
- All major Village stormwater systems and ditches have been cleared, including the ditch along the railroad.
- Generators are on standby, should sanitary sewer pump stations lose power.
- The Village of Estero and Lee County have both issued Local States of Emergency, availing each of resources, if needed.
What You Can Do:
- Prepare for the possibility of future events by registering for emergency alerts via the Village of Estero website (estero-fl.gov).
- Follow the Village of Estero and Lee County on social media or call 211 during a storm event.
Given the storm’s likely minor impact on Estero, this will be the last update on the storm. Should the storm course change, and provide an impact to Estero, our updates will resume.
We stand ready to assist our community, if needed.
Thank you for your attention.