Lee County Emergency Management has two new tools to help residents prepare for and be aware of hurricanes and other emergency situations – the LeePrepares app and the AlertLee system.
LeePrepares (Replaces LeeAlert app)
The LeePrepares app – available in Google Play and the App Store – will assist individuals and families with preparing for and recovering from all types of disasters that may affect the community..
- GPS functionality for locating the user’s Evacuation Zone;
- Real time information from the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) on shelter openings, with mapping/directions and hurricane evacuations;
- Current Emergency (EOC) Activation Level;
- Recovery information on re-entry, curfews, points of distribution, and coping with disasters;
- Sign-up for AlertLee emergency notification system (see below).
- Frequently Asked Questions;
- Links to Special Needs registration for those with special medical needs, and/or transportation needs during an evacuation;
- Family Disaster Plan and Emergency Supply List;
- American Sign Language Disaster Preparedness Videos;
- Current local weather and hazardous weather outlooks.
AlertLee (Replaces CodeRed)
AlertLee is an emergency notification system that allows registered users to receive telephone, text, and/or email alerts related to natural or man-made emergencies.
The AlertLee system will be used when an emergency arises, such as severe weather situations, missing persons, evacuation notices, boil water notices, fire or floods and active shooter situations.
You may sign up on the Village website homepage slide here https://estero-fl.gov/.
The AlertLee system already includes published, listed landline telephones, but not cell phones or VOIP numbers. To be certain to receive alerts, it is important to register and update the information if it changes. The information will be used only for AlertLee notifications. Registration takes only 2 – 3 minutes.
There is no charge to register or receive system alerts.