The Village of Estero will be forwarding the latest information flowing from state and local government and health organizations pertaining to the coronavirus in an effort to guarantee that Estero residents have access to latest information. The information provided below was developed by our partner agencies for public consumption.
Lee County Update: March 20, 2020
Lee County is currently monitoring the situation and will share more information as it is available. Lee County Closes Some Sites, Suspends Most Public Meetings
- Adoption center and Lost and Found (stray animals) will be appointment only as of Wednesday, March 18
- Animal Services clinic will restrict work to emergency procedures only as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Animal Control Officers will continue to respond to emergency calls as of Wednesday, March 18.
Human and Veteran Services
- Human and Veteran Services lobby is closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Client services will be provided by phone and internet.
- All Libraries are closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Materials may be returned at any library location using the exterior book returns.
- Due dates for all physical items have been extended and requested materials will be held at library locations until they reopen.
- There will be no fines charged for days the libraries are closed.
- Library card expiration dates have been extended to ensure access to online services available at www.leelibrary.net
- Telephone Reference staff are available to provide assistance Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. by calling (239) 533-4636.
- Downloadable books, streaming video and other online content is available 24/7 at www.leelibrary.net/online.
- The beach trolley and tram service will be suspended effective 6 p.m. Thursday, March 19.
- Effective immediately, LeeTran Headquarters is closed until further notice.
- Applications and reservations for ADA (Passport) service will be conducted over the phone by calling (239) 533-0300.
- More LeeTran information
Parks & Recreation
- County-owned beaches, beach accesses, and the Fort Myers Beach Pier will close effective at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 19.
- Recreation Centers, Pools, Dog Parks, Tennis Courts and Pickleball Courts are closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Programs, Organized Sports and Rentals are cancelled as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Parks and preserves will remain open. The public is encouraged to practice Social Distancing. Learn more about Social Distancing.
Special Event Permits
- Special Event permits for public gatherings of greater than 1,000 people that require County approval will not be issued for the next 30 days.
- Events using County property will not be permitted for the next 30 days.
- Building permits are not currently impacted.
- The Utilities Lobby located at 7391 College Parkway is closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Drive-by and Drop-off Services will be available. Online and phone services will continue to be available.
Tolls / Transportation
- In-person toll operation will stop as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Collections will take place via Transponder and Toll-by-Plate.
- Effective March 19, LeeWay Service Center closed to the public
- Customer service will be offered through a 24-hour drop box at the LeeWay Service Center, mail & fax.
- Have questions? Call (239) 533-9297
- Self-service information
- Cashless tolls information
- The Big Carlos Pass Bridge Project Development & Environment Study Public Hearing that was scheduled for Thursday, March 19, has been postponed to a yet-to-be-determined date. Interested parties, stakeholders and the public will receive notification when the hearing is rescheduled.
- The Solid Waste Department will continue to function normally.
Community Development (Building Permits)
- The Department of Community Development will continue to function normally.
- Public Safety will continue to function normally.
Lee County Clerk of Court
- Check the Lee County Clerk of Court’s website for service updates.
Lee County Tax Collector
- Check the Lee County Tax Collector’s website for service updates.
Lee County Elections
- Check with the Lee County Election’s website for service updates.
Lee County Sheriff
- Check with the Lee County Sheriff’s website for service updates.
Lee County Property Appraiser
- Check with the Lee County Property Appraiser for service updates.
Lee County School District
- Public Schools and Charter Schools closures extended until April 15th.
- Virtual learning / online instruction will begin on Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Learn more at the Lee County School District
- Visit your institutions website to learn more about cancellations or elearning opportunities.