Village of Estero Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
The Village of Estero will be forwarding the latest information flowing from state and local government and health organizations pertaining to the coronavirus in an effort to guarantee that Estero residents have access to latest information. The information provided below was developed by our partner agencies for public consumption.
Village of Estero Update: March 20, 2020
- Global Confirmed Cases: 254,697 (10,447 deaths)
- S. Confirmed Cases: 10,442 (150 deaths)
- Florida Confirmed Cases: 393 (9 deaths)
- Lee County Confirmed Cases: 11 (2 deaths)
Village of Estero Government
- Village Hall remains open and all Village business is continuing. We have instituted remote work for many of our employees, though they continue to do their jobs and remain available to answer your questions. We are doing our best to practice “social distancing”, and ask that you do the same: if you are able to provide us documents or a request electronically, please do so. We will extend this same courtesy to the members of our community.
- To help protect our visitors and staff, we have instituted daily cleaning and disinfection of all furniture in Village Hall.
- We have postponed Village Council meetings pending further notice.
- The Village’s 5th anniversary celebration remains postponed.
- Practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet from others
- Limit gatherings to 10 people or less
Lee County Government
- Beaches have been closed and fencing has been installed around the causeway islands to discourage use.
- Conservation 20/20 and preserve lands remain open. Residents are encouraged to go for a hike here, while maintaining recommended social distancing.
Lee County School District
- Chromebooks are being provided to K-3 students who do not yet have them (all other grade levels already have these). Teachers will be provided one week of training for online instruction.