In order to determine where Americans are best at handling their finances, WalletHub compared more than 2,500 cities based on 10 key indicators of money-management skills. The data set ranges from median credit score to average number of late payments to mortgage debt-to-income ratio.
Money Management in Estero (99th Percentile = Best)
- Median Credit Score (778)
- Credit-Card Debt-to-Income Ratio (5.21%) (67th Percentile)
- Mortgage Debt-to-Income Ratio (339.65%)(47th Percentile)
- Car-Loan Debt-to-Income Ratio (21.80%)(86th Percentile)
- Student-Loan Debt-to-Income Ratio (35.09%)(73rd Percentile)
- Avg. Number of Late Payments (1.35)
- Avg. % of Credit Used (36.9%)
- Foreclosure Rate (0.031%)
You can find the full study here: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-at-money-management/19256/.
WalletHub analyzed the median credit scores of residents in 2,572 cities to determine 2018’s Cities with the Highest & Lowest Credit Scores.
The median credit score in Estero is 778, which falls into the Excellent category and ranks in the 99th percentile relative to all other cities. (99th Percentile = Best)
You can find the full study here: https://wallethub.com/free-credit-score/