The Village of Estero has compiled the most recent daily updates from the State of Florida, Lee County and the Village of Estero. This compilation provides updates from the governmental perspective. The information provided below was developed by our partner agencies for public consumption.
Village of Estero Update
Village Hall has closed the public lobbies as of 5:00 p.m., Monday, March 23.
- We will still be accepting online applications, records requests, requests for action related to roads and landscaping, and general inquiries.
- Our phone lines will remain open and we will have available a dropbox for paper building application
- Health Data: https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86
- Global Confirmed Cases: 4,298,269 (293,514 deaths)
- U.S. Confirmed Cases: 1,372,855 (82,548 deaths)
- Florida Confirmed Cases: 42,402 (1,827 deaths, 7,595 hospitalizations, 595,478 tests, 7.1% positive rate) (see attached graph)
- Lee County Confirmed Cases: 1,332 (70 deaths, 329 hospitalizations, 16,075 tests, 8.3% positive rate)
- Estero Confirmed Cases: 53 (unknown death and hospitalization numbers)
- Practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet from others
- Limit gatherings to 10 people or less
- Tools like Zoom and Skype are great ways to stay connected virtually!
- Lee Health
- If you are experiencing acute COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough or runny nose, a doctor will see you via Lee Telehealth or your primary doctor via MyChart Video Visits. If the doctor suspects you have COVID-19, he or she will create a physician order and send it to our staff, who will then call to schedule an appointment for you to get tested at one of our mobile collection sites. These mobile collection sites are for patients with doctor’s orders and appointments only. You can get started here: https://www.leetelehealth.org/landing.htm
- Lee County
- The Lee County Commission held an emergency meeting on Tuesday (5/12/20) at 9:30am to discuss Coronavirus Relief Fund (CARES Act) allocation planning. The County encourages the public to watch via LeeTV or at www.leegov.com. It will also be on Facebook Live: Lee County Government. The meeting was not complete at the time of this update. A summary will be provided separately.
- The COVID-19 test site remains open. This test site is for COVID-19 virus, it is not a testing site for antibodies. This site is for those that believe that they currently have COVID-19. The testing site will remain open, seven days a week from 9 a.m. – gates closing at 3 p.m., until further notice.
- Lee County-owned parks, Conservation 20/20 preserves and beaches have now re-opened. Community centers remain closed.
- Lee County School District
- Online instruction continues, as in-person classes have been cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
- The “grab and go” meal sites remain open while school is closed. Here are the pick-up locations:
- Mariner High School
- Gulf Middle School
- Hancock Creek Elementary School
- Harns Marsh Elementary School
- Island Coast High School
- J. Colin English Elementary School
- Tanglewood Elementary School
- South Florida Water Management District
- Mandatory irrigation restrictions have been issued by the South Florida Water Management District, and are now in effect for all of Lee County
- The restrictions limit residential irrigation to once per week and also include restrictions for nurseries, agricultural, golf course, and recreational water users.
- This order does *not* apply to water needed for handwashing for COVID-19.
- Get all the facts at: https://www.sfwmd.gov/content/lee-county-irrigation-restrictions
- State of Florida
- Governor DeSantis issued an executive order titled, Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery. An overview of this order can be found here: https://estero-fl.gov/gov-ron-desantis-eases-stay-at-home-restrictions-starting-monday/
- Governor DeSantis has created an order that allows governments, such as ours, to reach meeting quorum via video or teleconferencing. We will support virtual public attendance via our live stream and eComment card tools, which are already in place.
- Village of Estero
- Village Council held its first virtual meeting on Wednesday, April 22, where they discussed the location of a new school in Estero and the annual Capital Improvement Plan. You can re-watch this meeting here: http://view.earthchannel.com/PlayerController.aspx?PGD=esterofl&eID=384
Lee County Update
- The Topaz Court Solid Waste Annex has reopened for residential chemical waste and electronics drop off. For a list of what you can bring to the site, visit https://fal.cn/382Mg
- Our work is not done! As we move toward a “new normal” please take the necessary steps to keep yourself and our community safe. #staywellSWFL #ITookthePledge
Lee County Schools
- Attention Class of 2020!
Virtual graduation is coming in June and a traditional, in-person, ceremony in July as long as CDC guidelines permit.
The just approved details are available at https://www.leeschools.net/cms/One.aspx…
- Each year millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a national movement to raise awareness about mental health. Visit our page for resources, parent groups, community groups and more to help you and your child. https://www.leeschools.net/cms/One.aspx… #EachMindMatters #LoveLeeSchools