- Health Data: https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86
- Global Confirmed Cases: 5,925,063 (363,177 deaths)
- U.S. Confirmed Cases: 1,708,726 (100,871 deaths)
- Florida Confirmed Cases: 53,285 (2,364 deaths, 9,795 hospitalizations, 953,321 tests, 5.6% positive rate) (see attached graph)
- Lee County Confirmed Cases: 1,802 (100 deaths, 422 hospitalizations, 27,085 tests, 6.7% positive rate)
- Estero Confirmed Cases: 63 (unknown death and hospitalization numbers)
- Practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet from others
- Limit gatherings to 10 people or less
- Tools like Zoom and Skype are great ways to stay connected virtually!
- Lee Health
- If you are experiencing acute COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough or runny nose, a doctor will see you via Lee Telehealth or your primary doctor via MyChart Video Visits. If the doctor suspects you have COVID-19, he or she will create a physician order and send it to our staff, who will then call to schedule an appointment for you to get tested at one of our mobile collection sites. These mobile collection sites are for patients with doctor’s orders and appointments only. You can get started here: https://www.leetelehealth.org/landing.htm
- Lee County
o Three Walmart stores in Lee County are providing COVID-19 tests at no out-of-pocket cost for individuals. Please find more information, below.
- Three drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Fort Myers, Fla. All appointments will be drive-thru, observed self-collection in the Walmart parking lot. Quest’s MyQuest™ online portal at www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.comwill screen and schedule those individuals who meet the eligibility criteria. On-site scheduling will be available for those who need assistance with scheduling. To be tested, individuals must have a scheduled appointment and be present in a vehicle, as no walk-ups will be seen.
- Any adult who meets CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to be tested.
- For more information on testing eligibility please see CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/clinical-criteria.html
- The drive-thru sites will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- You must first qualify for COVID-19 screening and schedule an appointment at: www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com. On-site scheduling will be available for those who need assistance with scheduling.
- North Fort Myers Walmart Parking Lot: 545 Pine Island Road, North Fort Myers, FL 33903
- Fort Myers Walmart Parking Lot: 4770 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33966
- Lehigh Acres Walmart Parking Lot: 2523 Lee Blvd., Lehigh Acres, FL 33971
o PLEASE NOTE: Testing is not available inside any Walmart store or in any Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center.
o The COVID-19 test site at Century Link Field remains open. This test site is for COVID-19 virus, it is not a testing site for antibodies. This site is for those that believe that they currently have COVID-19. The testing site will remain open, seven days a week from 9 a.m. – gates closing at 3 p.m., until further notice.
o Lee County-owned parks, Conservation 20/20 preserves and beaches have now re-opened.
o Because of continued voluntary compliance and the community’s greater awareness for Centers for Disease Control guidelines, the county announced the re-opening of pools, playgrounds, pavilions, courts, multi-purpose fields (soccer/lacrosse/football), fishing piers and splash pads beginning Friday, May 22. Staff will be onsite to help encourage following the CDC guidelines, including social distancing.
- Lee County School District
- Online instruction continues, as in-person classes have been cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
- The “grab and go” meal sites remain open while school is closed. Here are the pick-up locations:
- Mariner High School
- Gulf Middle School
- Hancock Creek Elementary School
- Harns Marsh Elementary School
- Island Coast High School
- J. Colin English Elementary School
- Tanglewood Elementary School
- South Florida Water Management District
- Mandatory irrigation restrictions have been issued by the South Florida Water Management District, and are now in effect for all of Lee County
- The restrictions limit residential irrigation to once per week and also include restrictions for nurseries, agricultural, golf course, and recreational water users.
- This order does *not* apply to water needed for handwashing for COVID-19.
- Get all the facts at: http